Little Notice

Hello People!

I'm currently trying to update my blog whenever I can find time, and when I write new entries I'll set the dates to the very day when the event happened.

So, you might have missed out some newer entries if you only read the posts on top. Kindly scroll down if you want to take a look at the newer entries that are hidden within the old ones.

But for easy navigation, I'll make a notice here when the newer posts are up. :)

***


NEW!
Day 72: 春天宜兰一日游

***


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day One: On plane and arrival

OK! Finally could settle down and chronicle my study trip in Taipei!

There's a start to everything so I'm writing from Day One, the very day I left Singapore: 15 February.

When I checked-in, I couldn't believe that I'm really leaving Singapore and my dearest family and heading to an unfamiliar yet familiar (cos I am sooo addicted to Taiwan's music, variety shows and idol dramas) place to lead an independent life.

Indeed, a life-changing experience. And it would be a lie if I say I won't miss home. Mummy's and daddy's girl leaving home for 5 months!! Wahhaha~


Shuhui and I took this photo on the Jetstar. No in-flight entertainment, nothing. I shared my MP3 with Shuhui, and set it to random mode. Surprisingly, many Mayday's songs were played (both of us are Mayday fans).

Take a look at this bottle for one minute. See any difference? It's "mineral water-prodigy" cos it costs $3 ok! Heart pain~ Ordered this on the plane cos didn't want to suffer from dehydration.


That's what I took when the plane was about to end. A little girl sitting behind me shouted, "Mummy, I saw the Carrefour!"

Aren't we lucky to be welcomed by a sunset at the Chiang Kai Shek airport? :)


National Chengchi University (NCCU) arranged for a chauffeur to pick us up from the airport. We went past a gantry, something like an ERP. I asked the chauffeur why is there a need to charge drivers for using this highway, whether the purpose was to reduce the traffic, he said he wasn't sure, but speculated that it was a way for the government to collect money from its people. Wahhaha~


We're under a tunnel!


We took the highway that led us from the airport to NCCU, which is at the other end. Drove past many buildings that look like hotels, and we were told by the chauffeur that more and more newly built housing estates are imitating the appearance of hotels. Looks high class but of cos it's only exclusive for the rich people. Interesting ehh!