Little Notice

Hello People!

I'm currently trying to update my blog whenever I can find time, and when I write new entries I'll set the dates to the very day when the event happened.

So, you might have missed out some newer entries if you only read the posts on top. Kindly scroll down if you want to take a look at the newer entries that are hidden within the old ones.

But for easy navigation, I'll make a notice here when the newer posts are up. :)

***


NEW!
Day 72: 春天宜兰一日游

***


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First 5 days: Random thoughts

Whooo~ This is the 5th day I'm in Taipei.

Haven't been updating my blog because everyday is packed with stuff-- there's simply so much to explore, and so many nitty-gritty stuff to be bothered with, for e.g, comparing prices of the basic necessities to get the best deals, shopping for groceries, buying EZ-link (they call it 悠遊卡 here) and photocopying cards, applying for SIM card, etc etc.

Sounds very simplistic, mundane but essential, and that's what I don't really like. But I'm sure I'll grow from it. After all, any experience(s) overseas will be unique and memorable (I hope).

Have been to a few places in these days, took the buses (公車) and train (捷運), and made some discoveries.

Pray that I have time to give more updates on those trips soon. Busy busy!

***

Starting to miss the clean and nice-smelling environment of my bedroom back home, the homemade dishes Mum prepares and the sun in Singapore.

The dorm room I'm staying in now has cockroaches okay. I've already killed two baby-growing-into-adult cockroaches (my roomie killed one). Yucks. If I were at home I would've asked my parents to kill those disgusting pests.

And Taipei is super duper COLD. It keeps raining too. I've once wore 6 clothes, partly cos those material weren't very thick ones. I'm seeing those nice thick jackets in the stores, but I have to keep telling myself not to buy cos I'm not going to use them back in Singapore.

What more is there for me to get as close to Singapore as possible? Besides webcamming with my family, the library in my communication school has Lianhe Zaobao! It's not timely, but at least I can "feel at home" when I flip the papers.

Next, it's the radio! I'm listening to Radio 1003 now, and that's when I realise this station broadcasts nice songs. Just like when I'm listening to my mp3. Feel so at home can!

Now I understand what it means by "The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other Side".

身在新加坡, 想著台北.
身在台北, 想著新加坡.

Haha! Geminis contradict themselves anyway. But of cos I'll try my best to make this stay here enjoyable. :)

Will post my photos soon!!

Nights! (I think I should sleep early, cos I've been sleeping after 1am or 2am practically EVERYDAY. Gosh, my beauty sleep!!)